[Slackbuilds-users] "orphaned" scripts

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 18:25:33 UTC 2008

I would hope that all the script maintainers are a part of this mailing list, but I think that that would be a poor assumption.  In light of that, perhaps it would be helpful to automatically add the maintainers email to a mailing list when they submit a script.  I do not mean this list, but rather one that is to be used only occasionally.

For instance, when the next version of Slackware is about to be released an email is usually sent to this list to let us know what that the repository will be rolling over soon and there are some changes to the new Slackware version that may break ___ type of scripts.  This one time email per Slackware release could be sent to all the maintainers via this special mailing list.  This would remind maintainers that they are maintainers, and to let them know that if they haven't done so recently they should take a look at their script to see if it is still up to date and compatible.

--phil