[Slackbuilds-users] Why did my SSLeay-SlackBuild get edited?

andrew andrew.david.45 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 21:55:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 03:03:07PM +0100, Manuel Reimer wrote:

> IMHO if there is no real reason to change the way the author did
> things, then the script shouldn't get changed. It's *my* name which
> is in the header line of the script and so the script should also
> reflect my way of coding things if they don't violate any rules or
> don't cause problems. IMHO it would be also a great idea to ask the
> author first prior changing things and publishing the result in the
> name of the Author. If there is no reason for the change, please
> revoke it.

Not speaking specifically of your script, which I have not tried, but
scripts on slackbuilds.org in general I would have to disagree. One of
the great things about slackbuilds.org is the fact that there is an
'editorial' panel who vet the scripts and ensure that there is a
certain consistency of approach.

  Andrew Strong
--
Do you think that's air you're breathing?