[Slackbuilds-users] lapack, blas, etc.

Aleksandar Samardzic asamardzic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:55:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Serban Udrea
<serban.udrea at skmail.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> 1) I'm missing libraries like BLAS and LAPACK. In the repository I found the
> boost-bindings package which should provide bindings for such libraries but
> the libraries themselves are not available. So I'm puzzled:
>
> - if boost-bindings is not installing them, then this package is apparently
> useless
>
> - if just boost-bindings is installing them, that means I need also boost
> just for getting BLAS, LAPACK etc.
>
> Thus, wouldn't it be useful to have separate packages for BLAS, etc.? If
> this is the case, then I would do some work to prepare them.

You're probably completely right here - I'm so used to have some kind
of BLAS/LAPACK installed (through Intel MKL at the moment), that are
in turn usually notoriously hard to build the package for, that I
forgot to mention that in the README file for boost-bindings something
like that...  So if you could create packages say for BLAS/LAPACK from
Netlib, that would be great indeed.

Regards,
Alex