[Slackbuilds-users] Mirodi Snapshot Hosting

LukenShiro lukenshiro at ngi.it
Mon Nov 24 22:07:44 UTC 2008

lunedì 24 novembre 2008, JK Wood ha scritto:
> I thought the Sourceforge download problem was fixed, although I've
> noticed the same thing recently.

Me too :)
But today I could download several files from different SF mirrors than
yesterday's ones, so it seems to be a transient problem.
Only trouble is SF download mechanism randomly selects target mirror
(but not so randomly, yesterday I've found always the same three ones
for hours: all of them were down during a somewhat long period).

> Perhaps some SlackBuilds aren't using the proper download link yet,
> but nobody's noticed to complain?

If my rapid 'grep' calculation is right, we have 389 slackbuilds who
rely on SF:
- 295 of them use downloads.sourceforge.net
- 60 of them use dl.sourceforge.net
- remaining ones use switch.dl.sourceforge.net, mesh.dl.sourceforge.net,
prdownloads.sourceforge.net, <project-name>.sourceforge.net (this one if
project developer has decided to store source directly in his/her own
project site), etc...

Actually all of them seem to be functional, indeed (when mirrors are up,
obviously, and you are lucky :P ).

--
GNU/Linux * Slackware 'current'
GNU/Linux * Bluewhite64 'current'