[Slackbuilds-users] CurseTheWeather maintainer's email and runtime problems

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 21:13:12 UTC 2008

I got a little impatient waiting for the patch so I went ahead and made my own :) .  Please add the attached patch to the SlackBuild.

As it turns out I only had to change one character in weatherfeed.py to make it work.  It sounds like weather.com added a couple comment tags to their feed and that was getting parsed instead of the real data under the weather tag.

Here's the concise thought process for those interested in knowing how I came to this conclusion...

I knew the problem was that the feed changed so I first opened up a current feed to take a look at it.
Here is an example:  http://tinyurl.com/4afuph

Running weatherfeed.py by itself showed that the first error appeared when it tried to access data (line 65).

So, I put a print statement to look at the main node name (line 55).
print self.dom.childNodes[1].nodeName

This returned "#comment", but childNodes[3] returns "weather", which is what we want.

--phil