[Slackbuilds-users] OpenOffice 3 SlackBuild - Spell Checker broken

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 02:17:40 UTC 2008

I tested it and it works great, Robby!  Nice work!

All three dictionaries were added properly with no intervention by me. I did make sure all remnants of the previous installation were deleted first.

Speaking of which, I solved my problem with the AutoSpellCheck. I figured out that I had to start with fresh OpenOffice settings (ie not import them from OOo 2, which is the default option). If you forget to uncheck the import box then delete your ~/.openoffice.org directory and try again.  The OOo 2 settings stay in ~/.openoffice.org2.

You might want to put a note in the README about a potential problem with the AutoSpellCheck if importing OOo 2 settings.

Again, great job!
--phil