[Slackbuilds-users] leafnode: nasty side-effect on /var

Grant g_r_a_n_t_ at bugsplatter.id.au
Sat Oct 18 16:08:36 UTC 2008

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 14:35:47 +0200, you wrote:

>Grant schreef:
>Did you attempt a clean install or an 'upgrade'?
>>
>> Was clean install, because I uninstalled leafnode-1 with 'make uninstall',
>> but I think it might have been because I did su into root, not 'su -' or
>> open a root terminal to build the package.  Anyway, I deleted everything
>> related except the source in disgust at the time, will have another try
>> tomorrow.
>>
>> Grant.
>
>Do you by any chance use an "umask" value that is not the standard
>"0022" for root? Could be that yours is set to "0020".

No, but I remember something else, I accidentallty ran the slackbuild as
user, saw heaps of errors then 'su' and run again as root -- guess I should
have started over...  Too used to doing make install as user to see where
stuff will go, in that case it's harmless.  In this case?

Grant.
--
http://bugsplatter.id.au