[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20081019

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at liwjatan.at
Mon Oct 20 08:09:38 UTC 2008

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
> > system/nvidia-legacy96-kernel: Name changed from nvidia-legacy-kernel,
> >  included patch for kernel>=2.6.27.
> >  Thanks to Heinz Wiesinger.  --dsomero
>
> I checked the patch file and it's for the newer driver
>
> diff -Nru NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.12-pkg0.orig/usr/src/nv/nv.c
> NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.12-pkg0/usr/src/nv/nv.c

That's right. Of course I can't be 100% sure that it's correct as is, as I
don't have a Nvidia card for that driver available, but the kernel module
builds and some users on nvnews reported it works for them. That was enough
reason for me to include the patch.
Of course, if you have a better one available I will gladly take a look at
it :)

Grs,
Heinz