[Slackbuilds-users] herrie SlackBuild patches

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 14:27:00 UTC 2008

Thanks for the bug report on my filter patch!  I only had a few minutes to look at the problem, but it appears that the setting from the config file is not being read correctly.  However, the default (compiled in) setting works correctly as expected.  Thus, as a temporary workaround, you can make a minor adjustment to the filter patch (orig one if not using autoquit) by adding whitelisted extensions to config.c section (top section of patch).

I tested this for a flac extension as an example and it works great.  Hopefully I'll have more time soon to fix the patch so that it reads from the config file correctly.

As far as libsndfile, I don't know a lot about it.  I don't use flac currently, but I do use wave files (which do require libsndfile).  That is a good question to ask on the herrie list.  Perhaps the code can be changed so that it isn't required for flac.

--phil