[Slackbuilds-users] Sbopkg 0.13.0 released

Jorge Gajon jorge.gajon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 20:14:57 UTC 2008

Hi Chess,
Thank you for creating such a useful tool. I really appreciate it.

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 6:38 AM, Chess Griffin <chess at chessgriffin.com> wrote:
> Sbopkg version 0.13.0 has been released.  Some of the highlights include:
>
> * Add in new sbopkg.conf variable TIMEOUT to allow the user to
> manually set the timeout value for rsync and wget; thanks to macavity
> for the suggestion.  NOTE:  this will require users upgrading from
> previous versions to either merge the new sbopkg.conf into their
> existing file, or manually add a TIMEOUT=10 (default is 10 seconds) to
> their existing sbopkg.conf file.

I just wanted to let you know that the version of rsync that comes
with Slackware 12.0 (rsync-2.6.9-i486-2_slack12.0) does not support
the --contimeout option, generating an error when you select the
"Rsync" option in the sbopkg menu.

Apparently, this option was added to rsync in version 3.0.0pre6. You
can see it by visiting the Changelog:

    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/ChangeLog.gz

and searching for "contimeout".

I am attaching a patch, but I'm not sure if I'm doing things
correctly. My bash-fu is not very good, I'm sorry.

Thank you!

- Jorge