[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20080904

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at liwjatan.at
Sat Sep 6 12:37:07 UTC 2008

Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
> Robby Workman wrote:
> > Thu Sep  4 19:51:55 UTC 2008
> > system/virtualbox-kernel: Upgraded to version 1.6.6.
> >   Thanks to Heinz Wiesinger.  --rworkman
> > system/virtualbox-ose: Upgraded to version 1.6.6.
> >   Thanks to Heinz Wiesinger.  --rworkman
> >
> > Yes, we know that version 2.0.0 released today, but we'll give
> > Heinz a bit of time to catch up  ;-)
>
> Haha :)
> I already have them here:
> http://www.liwjatan.at/slackware/slack.php5
>
> There are just some minor (or major? who knows...) things I want to look
> at.

So, I submitted the update for VirtualBox-2.0.0 some minutes ago. The scripts
on the page listed above were updated as well, so they are now identical to
the scripts in pending (except for $BUILD and $TAG).

There are some major changes coming with that update. VirtualBox is no longer
installed in /opt/vbox, but files are split up
to /usr/lib/virtualbox, /usr/share/virtualbox, /usr/src, etc
The resulting package is now similar to those other distros ship.
Be sure to manually take care of /etc/vbox/vbox.cfg after the update, as that
file changed.

Have fun :)

Grs,
Heinz