[Slackbuilds-users] libcap build fails

Steve sleistinger at verizon.net
Tue Sep 9 22:41:07 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 09 September 2008 04:18:06 pm Robby Workman wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 00:19:32 +0200 (CEST)
>
> "Menno E. Duursma" <druiloor at zonnet.nl> wrote:
> > >
> > > Interesting...  Surely the newer libcap doesn't depend on itself
> > > already being installed in order to build.
> >
> > Well it certainly seems that way to me atm. I don't really have time
> > to look into this much now though.
> >
> > > Perhaps something went wrong in the build...  :/
> >
> > Hmn, i _can_ reproduce this here, probably include path issue.
> > (Possibly could be some incompatibility between header and kernel
> > aswell).
> >
> > Suggestions welcome.
>
> It's a simple fix - it is indeed an include path problem.
> I just sent a patch to the maintainer and pushed it into the
> queue for our next update.
>
> -RW

IIRC, jack-audio-connector-kit was one reason libcap was needed in the first
place.  Now there is a jack-audio script that does not need libcap for the
build in the repository.

Is there a downside to using a jack-audio built without libcap support with
respect to Rosegarden and Ardour for example.  If so, should the jack-audio
buildscript be returned to its original state?

I do intend to check into this on my own, but this seemed like a good time and
place to ask.

Thanks,

Steve