[Slackbuilds-users] VirtualBox

Audrius Kažukauskas neobug at tornado.ktu.lt
Fri Sep 26 12:44:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 08:00:16 -0400, xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org wrote:
> On Friday 26 September 2008 06:09:55 Audrius Kažukauskas wrote:
> >  and I've built VBox with
> > VBOXUSERS=no QT4=yes QT3=no flags.
>
> If you use QT3=no it effectively disables QT4 also,
> as you can see from this bit of code from the SlackBuild.
>
> #<--- if no QT3 jump down to the last else
> if [ "$QT3" = "yes" ]; then
>     qt3gui="--with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt"
>
>     if [ "$QT4" = "yes" ]; then
>         patch -d src/VBox/Installer/linux -i $CWD/VBox.diff
>         qt4gui="--with-qt4-dir=/usr/lib/qt4"
>         GUI="VirtualBox VirtualBox3"
>     else
>         cd src/VBox/Installer/linux
>             sed -i "s|/VirtualBox|/VirtualBox3|" VBox.sh
>         cd -
>         qt4gui="--disable-qt4"
>         GUI="VirtualBox"
>     fi
> #<----- last else way down here
> else
>     qt3gui="--disable-qt3"
> fi
>
> QT4=yes QT3=yes should make things work as you expected.

That was it!  Since I don't have Qt3, I previously thought it would be
good idea to explicitly tell the build script what I have and what I
don't.  But it seems that telling QT3=no is meant to disable GUI at all
(for headless environments).  In my case Qt4 GUI is still built, it's
just that GUI variable is not set in the SlackBuild, hence the missing
VirtualBox symlink.

I done some quick edits to the script, rebuilt, and now I can start
VirtualBox from command line or KMenu.

Thanks David and Heinz for the help!

--
Audrius Kažukauskas