[Slackbuilds-users] [sbopkg-users] Sbopkg 0.27.2 Released

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Thu Apr 30 17:32:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 11:44:31 -0400
Chess Griffin <chess at chessgriffin.com> wrote:

> Be sure to migrate the changes from sbopkg-renames.new to your
> sbopkg-renames (or just rename the file) in order to pick up the two
> more renamed packages.

What's the rationale for a this being an admin-editable file?  To
clarify, what's the potential use case for it being necessary?

If it is necessary for the local admin to have a 'renames' file or some
such, then I'd suggest having sbopkg look for an "sbopkg-renames.local"
file for that -- I don't think it's a good idea to potentially allow
the renames file to be out of sync (which the .new allows).

-RW