[Slackbuilds-users] kdenlive Slackbuild

Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér mjjzf at syntaktisk.dk
Thu Aug 6 12:40:25 UTC 2009

---- 8< ---- Antonio Hernández Blas ---- 8< ----
>> Would it be okay if one submitted a build with stable versions - as
>> could
>> be accepted at Slackbuilds.org - but in the notes also noted that the
>> author also does a bleeding edge version, which is available on his own
>> site, but which is not signed by SBo?
>
> Sorry, but as normal user, would you really trust in some "untested"
> shell script without the check by any SBo admin for malicious
> activity?. I have some slackbuilds at my homepage, but since any SBo
> admin haven´t tested them i dont think it would be good to add this
> information cause it can be misinterpreted and seen as if SBo´s admins
> are agree with them. Thats why i have this message in my homepage:
> http://hba.ath.cx/projects/slackbuilds/testing/README.WARNING
>
> My suggestion, just drop an email to MAINTAINER to see if theres an
> SlackBuild for the latest and greatest version from svn/hg/git. In
> this way you are the one accepting to be in its own from the first
> place ;-)
>
> - hba

I see your point, but my idea was for someone who is a maintainer already
and has submitted an approved stable package. This means that users of the
site knows that he knows how to build a build, even if the unstable build
is not approved for the site - since it has another agenda.

Yours,
__
http://www.syntaktisk.dk