[Slackbuilds-users] [Slackware 12.1] Audacity Slackbuild page - unlisted dependencies

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Wed Aug 26 15:52:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Oli D<vhann3000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just built and installed audacity from SlackBuilds:
> http://slackbuilds.org/repository/12.1/audio/audacity/
>
> The problem here is the SlackBuilds page only list "wxPython or wxGTK
> and libsoundfile" as dependencies
> for the audacity SlackBuilds.
>
> I installed a fair amount of packages before this SlackBuild would
> actually compile and I don't remember each
> of them, but I do know for sure that the following is needed:
> raptor: http://slackbuilds.org/repository/12.1/libraries/raptor/
>
> Maybe this will be useful to someone.

No, sorry.

I have been the maintainer of the Audacity SlackBuild at
SlackBuilds.org since its inception at Slackware 11.0 and have built
Audacity countless times over the years.  The only dependencies it
needs are the ones listed.  It sure as heck never needed raptor.
Something is wrong on your system.

Are you doing your building on a clean, full install of Slackware 12.1?

--
Chess Griffin