[Slackbuilds-users] The plot thickens: A couple of 13.0 questions

Patrick J. Volkerding volkerdi at slackware.com
Fri Aug 28 21:26:19 UTC 2009

Robby Workman wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:35:29 +0200
> Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér <mjjzf at syntaktisk.dk> wrote:
>
>> So, a new day, a new Slackware version. Have looked at the RCs -
>> interesting changes. Let's see what we can make out of this one!
>> Competition is strong - the 12.2 was a very good release, in my
>> opinion. Done torrenting down, now pushing. I will be preparing some
>> updated versions of my Slackbuilds for the submission queue - I put
>> off the version bumps until after the new release. Now, a couple of
>> questions: After a cleanup of the Gnome dependencies, the development
>> version of Abiword now builds on Slackware - with one exception: It
>> requires libgsf to be rebuilt to include gio.
>

> No, it doesn't: http://rlworkman.net/pkgs/13.0/
> Well, I don't know about the development version, but if it requires
> something that Slackware doesn't (yet) include, then I guess we'll
> just stick to the stable version in our repository here.

I heard the same thing about goffice and gnumeric, but wasn't sure of
the side effects of enabling gio...  like, does it require other parts
of GNOME to avoid routing data to a black hole?  I know there are gio
things already included in glib, and had verified that libgsf compiles
just fine with gio enabled.

Probably it's something to float now in -current, but it seemed a little
too risky as 13.0 approached.

Pat