[Slackbuilds-users] info files on submitted packages

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at xsmail.com
Sat Aug 29 10:07:59 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 05:47:28AM -0400, xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org wrote:
> On Saturday 29 August 2009 02:08:44 Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:
> > This could also be added into the info part of the SlackBuild eg.
> > # Compress info pages and remove the package's dir file
> > # If no info pages are installed by the software, don't leave this in
> > # the script
> > rm -f $PKG/usr/info/dir
> > gzip -9 $PKG/usr/info/*.info*
> > install-info /usr/info/$PKGNAM.info /usr/info/dir 2> /dev/null
> >
> > instead of the doinst.sh script
> >

> That will put the the information in the build system which may
> or may not be the system you are installing the package on.
>
> --dsomero

Oh right. /usr/info/dir can't/shouldn't be altered from the build
script. I guess the only way would be to add
install-info /usr/info/$PRGNAM.info /usr/info/dir 2> /dev/null
to the doinst.sh.
But even then, it can't work automatically. $PRGNAM has to be replaced
with the actual name of the file(s)

--
Greg