[Slackbuilds-users] [ANN]: sbo-dev-helper project

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 17:26:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Grissiom <chaos.proton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I did a little project named sbo-dev-helper which contain helper scripts
> that ease your dev progress for SBo.
>
> Project hosted in: http://gitorious.org/sbo-dev-helper
>
> It have 3 scripts by now:
>   new_SlackBuild:
>     A script to establish a new SlackBuild working directory.
>   new_pkg
>     A script that create a tarball that you intent to submit to SBo.
>   update_sbo_tpl
>     A script that get template updates from SBo and notify you if there is
> any.
>
> Hope they could be helpful.
>
> Any suggestions or patches are welcome ;)
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Grissiom
>
> Grissiom,

Sounds interesting. I'll take a look when I'm back home.

I can't check the scripts here at work (firewall blocks about everything),
but I already have some suggestions (if you haven't thought of them
already):

- new_pkg could check if there are any *.tar.?z* files in the directory and
warn (if the maintainer forgot to delete the source)
- new_pkg could skip *~ files (old backups)
- new_slackbuild could already pre-format the slack-desc file (put the name
of the package with the ":")

I started something similar for myself, but it is way too messy to offer the
public :)

Regards,

Niels