[Slackbuilds-users] calibre

Eric Hameleers eha at alienbase.nl
Thu Dec 17 08:53:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Eugen Wissner wrote:

> Yes, it works with xvf.
> thanks
>
> 2009/12/17 Heinz Wiesinger <pprkut at liwjatan.at>
>
>> On Thursday 17 December 2009 09:32:34 Eugen Wissner wrote:
>>> Sorry, it doesn't help:
>>> [..]
>>> bash-3.1$ tar zxf calibre.tar.gz
>>>
>>> gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
>>> tar: Child returned status 1
>>> tar: Beende mit Fehlerstatus aufgrund vorheriger Fehler
>>
>> I can verify this here. However, it works fine with:
>> tar xvf calibre.tar.gz
>>
>> No idea why it fails with z.
>>
>> Grs,
>> Heinz

The problem is that the file calibre.tar.gz is not a .gzipped tar archive
at all, it is a plain tar archive. Run "file calibre.tar.gz" and it will
show you this.

I will fix the tarball on the server, but from work I am not able to fix
the .asc file.

Eric

--
Eric Hameleers
Email: alien at slackware.com
Jabber: alien at jabber.xs4all.nl
Gpg fingerprint: F2CE 1B92 EE1F 2C0C E97E  581E 5E56 AAAF A75C BDA0

The two basic principles of Windows system administration:
* For minor problems, reboot
* For major problems, reinstall