[Slackbuilds-users] dvdrip rips but does not transcode

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 06:45:23 UTC 2009

Howdy,
An FYI for those using transcode and dvd::rip.  I had switched to the
official SBo transcode slackbuild and then suddenly couldn't figure
out why dvd::rip could rip but NOT transcode ANY vob files, to any
format. I checked transcode via teh cli, and it could not read mpeg2.
The SBO transcode version (I used my own for SLAMD64) did not include
the following configure switches:
---------------------------------------
./configure \
--enable-libmpeg2 \
--enable-libmpeg2convert \
Recompiling transcode with the above fixed the problem (transcode
lists these as "optional" and obviously libmpeg2 is required). Since
dvd::rip needs transcode, it might be a good idea to add these to the
transcode slackbuild.  I didn't notice this right away since I usually
use ffmpeg to transcode. If I am mistaken, I'd like to know.

-Ed

--
You! What PLANET is this!
-- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0