[Slackbuilds-users] Package Build Issues -- Update

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Mon Feb 2 02:39:52 UTC 2009

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 17:48:13 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Feb 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> >   When I grep for gtk in /var/log/packages these are returned:
> >
> > gtk+2-2.12.12-i486-1
>
>    I found one problem. When building tinyerp-client the configure
> phase fails for the same reason: cannot find gtk+2. So, I tried
> importing the module in interactive python (according to find it
> resides in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk), but
> apparently it didn't make it correctly:
>
> [rshepard at salmo ~]$ python
> Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Sep 11 2008, 13:43:31)
> [GCC 4.2.4] on linux2
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py",
> line 48, in <module>
>      from gtk import _gtk
> ImportError: /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol:
> FT_Select_Size
> >>>

>    Reinstalling the gtk+2 package didn't help. Wonder what's going on
> here ... it could well be my syntax.
>
>    fontconfig-2.6.0-i486-2 is installed, and that's where
> libfontconfig.so.1 is found.

This is why you don't reinstall *applications* and such from backup
tapes, at least when they were built on previous/different underlying
operating systems.  Looks like pygtk is expecting a different freetype
library than what you have on the system, and if pygtk and freetype are
the correct ones as installed with a 12.2 system, that can't happen.

-RW