[Slackbuilds-users] Use for a package repository?

fullofdaylight at no-log.org fullofdaylight at no-log.org
Fri Feb 20 14:09:10 UTC 2009

Thank you all, and especially Eric, for your insightful comments. It makes
it clearer for me.

I agree that if I am to create such a repository it has not to be
affiliated with SBo (although I think SBo _has_ to be cited as the
SlackBuilds' source), and that one has to be well-informed one can't give
it the same level of trust.

The rationale behind my idea is that it is convenient to have only one
source for additional packages instead of cherry-picking between several
ones. Additionally I don't trust other packages/SlackBuild sources
(LinuxPackages, Slacky, any individual repository, etc) as much as I trust
SBo.

While there are SlackBuilds that need customization before being compiled,
there are numerous ones where simply executing the unmodified SlackBuild
is fine, and where the result doesn't heavily depends on which other
programs are already installed.

If I have time maybe I'll try to set up something, and see if people are
interested in the project or if they generally prefer to compile programs
themselves.

Cheers!