[Slackbuilds-users] Emacs Snapshot Demand?

xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org
Mon Feb 23 23:06:49 UTC 2009

On Monday 23 February 2009 10:54:25 Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj at email.unc.edu> wrote:
> Dear SlackBuild Users,
>
> I have a SlackBuild that builds GNU Emacs from CVS; I could quickly
> conform it to SlackBuild.org standards.  Two questions are in order:
>
> 1. Is there demand for this?  I have discussed it with Xavier, so I know
> there is at least one other person who might be interested.
> 2. Is this the kind of package that is appropriate for SlackBuilds.org?
> It is a development version of an official package.
>
> Let me know,
> Joel

Slackbuilds.org normally will not accept SlackBuilds for official packages.

Quote from http://www.slackbuilds.org/guidelines

  "As a general rule, we do not accept SlackBuild scripts of software that is
   included as part of Slackware; however, exceptions may be made by the admin
   staff on a case-by-case basis.

--dsomero