[Slackbuilds-users] Sbopkg 0.20.0 Released

Wade Grant wade.grant at sqdnguns.com
Thu Jan 1 21:16:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Chess Griffin <chess at chessgriffin.com> wrote:

> Happy New Year!
>
> A new version 0.20.0 of sbopkg has been released with /lots/ of
> updates, new features, and bug fixes -- hence the version jump.  :-)
> Ordinarily, there about 10-15 SVN commits between releases.  This time
> there were close to 50.  I think this is an update that most sbopkg
> users will want to have.
>
> I had lots of great user feedback, patches, and suggestions, which I
> greatly appreciate.  I would especially like to thank Erik Hanson and
> Mauro Giachero for their patches, testing, and suggestions.
>
> NOTE:  There are three changes to the sbopkg.conf file that will be
> required before this new version will run, which are discussed below.
>
> Here are some of the new features and bug fixes in this latest release
> of sbopkg.
>
> New features:
>
> * There is a new -i command line switch which allows the user to build
>  and install packages in a manner similar to the current -b switch
>  for building only.  As with the -b switch, the user can build and
>  install more than one package by listing them in quotes.  And, by
>  carefully listing dependencies in the right order, it might be
>  possible to build and install dependencies and the final, target
>  package in one go, like this:
>
>  # sbopkg -i "imlib2 giblib feh"
>
>  In this case, imlib2 must be built and installed before giblib, both
>  of which need to be built and installed before feh.  Given the
>  nature of building dependencies, this may not always work, but it
>  still may be helpful and useful in many cases.
>
> * Coupled with the new -i switch, there is a new 'build queue' in the
>  dialog interface.  The user can add packages to the queue and then,
>  when ready, can process the queue in the order the packages are
>  listed.  The user can choose to build only or build and install the
>  packages in the queue.  Again, by listing dependencies in the right
>  order, it may be possible to build dependencies and the final,
>  target package in one go like the feh example above.
>
> * After checking for updates, the user is offered the opportunity to
>  add those flagged updates to the build queue automatically.
>
> * When building packages individually outside of the build queue, the
>  user is offered the opportunity to build or build and install the
>  package.
>
> * There is a new -u command line switch, and a corresponding new
>  dialog menu selection, that allows the user to check if there is an
>  update to sbopkg itself.
>
> * A new $DEBUG variable is introduced to the sbopkg.conf file that
>  allow for easier debugging and update list bug reporting.  See the
>  sbopkg.conf man page for more detail.
>
> Bug Fixes:
>
> * Fix issues with the "Installed:/Not Installed" text at the top of
>  info item menu screen.  Thanks to Erik Hanson and Mauro Giachero for
>  assistance with this issue.
>
> * Improve the wording and button labeling of several dialogs; thanks
> [...]

Nice tool Chess, this is the first time I have tried it out.

I think that there may be a bug or a problem with the ksmoothdock pkg
in the repo when using the update tool. I by no means am any sort of
guru.......

I ran the update tool once and updated my vobcopy and ksmoothdock.
After building them and installing those two pkgs, I ran the update
tool again for the hell of it.

It once again listed that there was a potential update for
ksmoothdock, here is the message I was presented with:
----------------------
ksmoothdock:
POTENTIAL UPDATE
Installed version:  ksmoothdock-4.5-i486-1
Repo Version:  ksmoothdock-4.5_${VERSION-i486-1

Potential update list complete.

Thanks for the tool, I will play with it some more.

Happy New Years to all!!
--
Wade S Grant
USMC, Retired