[Slackbuilds-users] Problem with kvm

Steven A. McIntosh mcintosh at cotterochan.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 17:18:52 UTC 2009

kvm-78 does not build unless you comment out the man building lines.

# Fix up the manpages
# mv $PKG/usr/share/man $PKG/usr/man
# gzip -9 $PKG/usr/man/man?/*.?

I think this is because of this

# Needed to build man pages if build is ran from su
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/share/texmf/bin

I do not have tex installed, is this the problem.

Once built kvm does not run qemu-system-x86_64 because it is looking for
programs in /usr/local/share/qemu and they have been installed in
/usr/share/qemu . This can be fixed by linking the locations.

My system is Slackware 12.2 Linux quad 2.6.27.7-smp #1 SMP Thu Nov 20
22:18:02 CST 2008 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz
GenuineIntel GNU/Linux.

I hope this makes sense. Please email if you require further info.

samac