[Slackbuilds-users] Build Issues On One of Two Machines

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 25 21:44:23 UTC 2009

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Heinz Wiesinger wrote:

> The GUI for taskjuggler does only work with qt3. I have no clue actually
> why it isn't finding it, bot can give you some hints on what to try. You
> can try reinstalling the stock qt-3.3.8 package and see if it works then.
> If it does, most likely your qt4 4.2.2 screwed up the qt3 setup. Also an
> option, but probably not the best one I suppose, is to build taskjuggler
> without the GUI. Don't know the configure switch though currently

   Thanks, Heinz.

   I wanted only to look at this because I'm probably going to be using
OpenProject. The latter reads Microsoft Project files and lets me do some
resource leveling and other neat things I've not seen since I used TimeLine
in DOS almost 20 years ago. I miss that program! There's nothing like it for
linux, unfortunately, and it's a critical piece of many businesses.

>>    tinyerp-client: the tinyerp-client.SlackBuild script quickly halts
>> displaying this:
>>
>> Error: python module gtk (gtk python bindings) is required
>> Error: python module gtk.glade (glade python bindings) is required
>>
>> yet, PyGTK is installed: pygtk-2.12.1-i486-2.
>
> I can not even guess here :/
> Are these the only error messages you get?

   Yup. That's all I see ... even when I untar the package and run 'python
setup.py install'. I even added 'import pygtk' to the setup.py file and it
makes no difference.

   I think what I'll try is tarring the python-2.5/site-packages/ directory
on the notebook and using scp to copy it to the server/workstation. I'll
also find the other files and copy them, too. But, I'd sure like to learn
why it builds on one machine and not the other!

Rich