[Slackbuilds-users] sbopkg search tags

Eric Hameleers eha at sox.homeip.net
Fri Jan 30 09:05:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, alkos333 wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 8:20 PM, JK Wood <joshuakwood at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Phillip Warner <pc_warner at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The one feature sbopkg lacks that SlackBuilds.org has is the ability to
>>> search for packages based on search tags.
>>>
>>> Ideally, the search tags would be in the .info files.  I don't even
>>> remember what tags I used for all of my submissions, so I would not mind
>>> seeing them.  Perhaps a for loop and cat can just dump the tags at the end
>>> of the .info files in the repo, or all new submissions could start using
>>> them.
>>>
>>> Alternatively, perhaps all of the search tags could be listed in one file
>>> that sbopkg can grep.
>>>
>>> --phillip
>>
>> AFAIK, there are no search tags in the .info files.  That's handled
>> internally at SBo, I don't know if they can be used externally.
>>
>> -JK
>>

> Well that's exactly the proposition - to make the search tags
> accessable, so sbopkg  could make use of them.

The fact that a 3rd party tool (sbopkg) is available to ease the
compilation of SlackBuilds.org scripts does not imply the reverse - that
the SlackBuilds.org site's functionality should be adapted to comply with
requirements imposed by an external tool.

In other words, we will not change the site's functionality. Use a web
browser and search the SlackBuilds.org site if you need to find something.

Eric

--
Eric Hameleers
Email: alien at slackware.com
Jabber: alien at jabber.xs4all.nl
Gpg fingerprint: F2CE 1B92 EE1F 2C0C E97E  581E 5E56 AAAF A75C BDA0