[Slackbuilds-users] sbopkg search tags

Deak, Ferenc ferenc.deak at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 12:45:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Aleksandar Samardzic
<asamardzic at matf.bg.ac.yu> wrote:

> Just as a side comment: most of the time, the most boring part of
> creating SlackBuild for me is choosing these "tags"; so on the opposite
> of the OP suggestion, I wouldn't mind even if these completely removed
> from the picture.  I wouldn't expect someone to start search for needed
> package at SBo site; I'd expect user to accomplish Google search, find a
> list of interesting packages, and then comes to SBo site to check which
> of these are available there - at least this is what I'm doing when I
> look for a piece of software...
>
> On the other side: wouldn't be possible (if not already implemented) for
> sbopkg to employ grep, or something alike to search through
> README/slack-desc files?

My problem with the tags is that there is no standard for the tags. Tags
are given by the packager, and sometimes the wording depends from
the background of the packager. For example what is the "right" tag for
a program similar to subversion, configuration management,
version control, revision control, source control, source management etc.?

fdeak