[Slackbuilds-users] CurseTheWeather URL fix needed

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 11 21:58:06 UTC 2009

CurseTheWeather does not work for now.

Recently weather.com started requiring a different URL format for their XML feeds.  They now require prod, link, par, and key values.  The par (partner) and key values I believe are supposed to be obtained by requesting them from weather.com.  I emailed the CurseTheWeather maintainer (Dan) about obtaining these values from weather.com.

I made a temporary patch that will allow ctw to work.  The par and key values are from the liquid weather project.  This works, but this probably violates some weather.com policy.  In addition, these values apparently do not let you view a full 10 day forecast.  Instead it is limited to five days.  As such, I'd prefer not to release this patch on the list, and would rather see if Dan can get the needed codes soon.  I just wanted all the CurseTheWeather SBo users on this list to know of the problem.

--Phillip