[Slackbuilds-users] Sbopkg 0.30.0beta released for testing

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Tue Jul 14 22:21:07 UTC 2009

Thanks to everyone that has tested sbopkg0.30.0alpha1!  Based on that
feedback, and some further testing of our own, we are now releasing a
beta of 0.30.0.  In addition to various bug fixes, here are some of
enhancements and improvements since the alpha release:

  * Add option to retry a failed build. Thanks to Zordrak for suggesting this
    feature.
  * Add CLEANUP configuration variable, which when set to YES tells sbopkg to
    delete the extracted sources, and all the associated "residuals" of the
    build, as soon as the build is finished. Thanks to Marco Bonetti and
    Gregory Tourte for the suggestion and the nice discussion.
  * Add a function to delete obsolete (not installed) packages from $OUTPUT.
    Thanks to alkos333 for the idea.
  * Reorganize the queue editing functions a bit for a better user interface;
    'view queue' now only shows the queue; new 'sort' and 'remove' queue menu
    items now handle the editing functions; thanks to Pierre Cazenave for the
    suggestion.

Please note that we've set Slackware 13.0 as the 'default' Slackware
version even though obviously 13.0 has not been released yet.  Just
change the setting in sbopkg.conf back to 12.2 and you should be good to
do.  We're just gettin' prepared.  :-)  Speaking of sbopkg.conf, there
is now one new variable 'CLEANUP' so you may want to check
sbopkg.conf.new and migrate the change over to your own config file.

As always, please feel free to post feedback on the sbopkg mailing list
or in #sbopkg on irc.freenode.net.

Here are direct links to a package and source tarball of
sbopkg-0.30.0beta:

Package:
http://sbopkg.googlecode.com/files/sbopkg-0.30.0beta-noarch-1_cng.tgz

Source: