[Slackbuilds-users] virtualbox-ose-2.1.4 rc script fails

dae3 7252d9 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 12:03:53 UTC 2009

Il 24/07/2009 alle 13:35, xgizzmo at gmail.com ha scritto:

> The point of using a SlackBuild is to create a package, by recompiling the
> kernel module you are corrupting the package and the new module can not be
> removed when you uninstall the package. Just my 2 cents.

You're not corrupting the package: the old module installed by the
package is still in the old kernel's module directory.

It's true that the new module can't be automatically removed when you
uninstall, but the new module wasn't installed by the package either.

--
~> cat /etc/*-{version,release}|head -n1 && uname -moprs|fold -sw72
Slackware 12.2.0