[Slackbuilds-users] Future Build Scripts

Eric Hameleers eha at alienbase.nl
Mon Jun 29 08:10:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009, Darrell Anderson wrote:

> When 13.0 is released, will the slackbuilds.org build scripts continue supporting the older tgz format, the newer txz format, or the option to use either?
>
> Thanks.
>
> P.S. I'm not a member of the list.
>
> Darrell Anderson
> http://humanreadable.nfshost.com/

It's really quite simple Darrell:

We are a site that hosts SlackBuild scripts, not packages. It is not about
supporting any particular package format. If you want to use the old .tgz
packages, then by all means edit the last line of the script and change
the extension of the package which is going to be created. These scripts
are not set in concrete.

When we start adding scripts for Slackware 13.0 in our repository, you can
expect that they will (or should) support *all* of Slackware 13.0's
features - which includes the new package formats. When we sign off a
script after our internal QA round we will have tested it on a full
install of Slackware.

Regards, Eric

--
Eric Hameleers
Email: alien at slackware.com
Jabber: alien at jabber.xs4all.nl
Gpg fingerprint: F2CE 1B92 EE1F 2C0C E97E  581E 5E56 AAAF A75C BDA0