[Slackbuilds-users] calcurse 2.5 refuses to build

Timothy Pollard timp at timp.com.au
Wed Mar 4 01:10:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 00:56:25 +0000 (UTC)
Glenn Becker <burningc at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> Good evening all -
>
> I have started using sbopkg (which is great) to keep up to date with packages
> on slackbuilds.org.
>
> I've tried several times to upgrade to calcurse 2.5, but keep getting the
> following (I'm copying from the sbopkg window):
>
> Building Slackware package for get.cgi?calcurse-2.5.tar.gz...
> tar: /home/sbo/12.2/office/calcurse/calcurse-2.5.tar.gz: Cannot op
> Done building package.
>
> ... unfortunately the "Cannot op" is cut off by the sbopkg window - pretty
> obvious it says "Cannot open ..." something.
>
> I've cleared the cache and retried, to no avail.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Glenn
>
> +-----------------------------------------------------+
> Glenn Becker - burningc at sdf.lonestar.org
> +-----------------------------------------------------+

The problem is with how sbopkg downloads the file, I'm not sure what would be
the best way to get around this though in the sbopkg. The download link is
http://culot.org/cgi-bin/get.cgi?calcurse-2.5.tar.gz, wget saves this as
get.cgi?calcurse-2.5.tar.gz while the SlackBuild is looking for
calcurse-2.5.tar.gz.

For a manual fix simply:
mv /home/sbo/12.2/office/calcurse/get.cgi?calcurse-2.5.tar.gz /home/sbo/12.2/office/calcurse/calcurse-2.5.tar.gz
(If you're using the default sbopkg repository location)

--
TimP