[Slackbuilds-users] [REQ] Psi slackbuild

Thomas Morper thomditom at aktiivi.ath.cx
Mon Mar 23 01:36:34 UTC 2009

Am Monday 23 March 2009 00:25:15 schrieb Xavier Maillard:

> does anybody have a valid and working slackbuild for Psi (a
> jabber client) ? I am desperately trying to get it compiled here
> but I am miserabely failing in doing so :/

It's been a while and I don't remember exactly... I thought I had a working
Slackbuild for Psi 0.12 on Slackware 12.2. But seeing that it fails to build
now, I guess this was still on 12.1.

JK is mostly right. Psi needs Qt4, but not necessarily QCA2 as it comes
bundled with the Psi source. However, the bundled QCA2 is the reason why the
build fails. It seems like there were some changes in OpenSSL's API between
the version QCA2 expects and the version that comes with Slackware 12.2.

Googling around a bit I found this patch...

> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-freebsd/2009-February/004823.html

...which makes my old Slackbuild work again. However, I don't know if the
result actually works (I don't use Psi any more) and I don't know what other
problems you might run into as a result of the incompatibility with the
bundled QCA2 and Slackware's OpenSSL.

For those who dare:

http://aktiivi.ath.cx/slackware/12.2/build/psi/
http://aktiivi.ath.cx/slackware/12.2/build/psi-i18n/

They're not really SBo quality right now. But if they work for you and you
want to take over maintenance, feel free to do so.