[Slackbuilds-users] Wish for acroread (version 8.1.3)

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at liwjatan.at
Tue Mar 24 22:11:52 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 24 March 2009 09:17:28 Didier Spaier wrote:
> Le mardi 25 mars 2009 05:55:45 Robby Workman, vous avez écrit :
> > When the next Adobe version is released, fire off a reminder email to
> > Heinz and me, and one of us will do that.  Heinz maintains the acroread
> > script now, but it was originally one of mine, I think -- I have no
> > idea why I put stuff in /opt/acroread instead of /opt/Adobe anyway...
>
> Till version 5  released in 2003 the product was called Acrobat Reader,
> see http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Reader.
> My guess is they changed the installation path to reflect the change
> of product's name and to put all Adobe products in one place.

Adobe was supposed to release a security fix for Adobe Reader on March 11th,
which I haven't found so far. I guess it should be out "soon".
On the naming front, I don't have any problems with changing the name for
script/package from acroread to adobe-reader, neither do I have something
against changing the install location. Robby, what do you think about the
rename of script/package?
I would like to wait a week or two for Adobe to release the security fix before
submitting an updated script with those changes.

Grs,
Heinz