[Slackbuilds-users] [FYI]SlackBuild for python modules should be architecture dependent

Dragon Wisard dragonwisard at gmail.com
Fri May 29 00:34:54 UTC 2009

I think what Eric was saying is that the Slackbuild is architecture
independent but the package generated by it is architecture dependent. That
seems to be enough to satisfy him.

Personally, I see no reason why the package should *need* to be architecture
dependent. We're restricting it based on a directory structure convention.
It would be relatively easy to just use symlinks to have the modules show up
in both places if appropriate. I see no reason to have two separate packages
when the contents are identical and the only difference is where they get
installed. It's a waste of space and adds unnecessary complexity to
administration.

http://www.dragonwisard.net/