[Slackbuilds-users] [FYI]SlackBuild for python modules should be architecture dependent

xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org
Fri May 29 03:45:40 UTC 2009

On Thursday 28 May 2009 22:59:18 Dragon Wisard wrote:
> I don't like the idea of defaulting to noarch if the package is incompatible
> with x86_64. If we're going to have separate packages, they should be
> clearly marked as such. Making one 'noarch' and one 'x86_64' is
> inconsistent. It's either 'noarch' or it isn't.

Then for 32 bit if it in not noarch then what its it? its not i386 or i486
or i585 or i686. I don't see this as a problem that needs solving. It is
really no different than a package for slackware 11 not working on slackware
 12.2. The packages are Slackware version (64 bit being a different version)
dependant not arch dependant. If the package builder prefers to call the
package something else then they can. Most of the python builds are noarch
there is no arch dependant code in them so they ARE noarch. The problem is
caused by a different version of Slackware that uses a different python path.

--dsomero