[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20091006

Serban Udrea serban.udrea at skmail.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Oct 6 08:54:41 UTC 2009

Robby Workman wrote:
> office/scribus: Updated for version 1.3.5.1.
>   Thanks to Heinz Wiesinger.  --rworkman

Hello!

There is a recommendation/warning about this in the release notes of the
scribus developers:

The Scribus Team still recommends that all distributions package only
Scribus 1.3.3.13 or 1.3.3.14svn. We recommend the additional packaging
of 1.3.5 only if it is marked as a development version and can be
installed alongside an existing Scribus 1.3.3.x (for example as scribus-ng).

An important reminder:
If you are working with 1.3.3.x and decide to implement some design
features using 1.3.5, you should only work with a copy of your file,
since once it is saved in 1.3.5 format, you will not be able to open it
again with 1.3.3.x.
Similarly, if you are working with a team, try to make sure that all
team members use the same Scribus version – this will avoid many
headaches and extra work.

Maybe it would be good not to drop 1.3.3.13 and add a warning in the
README file from the 1.3.5.1 slackbuild directory.

Best regards,

Serban Udrea