[Slackbuilds-users] pygobject issue

Marco Cecchetti mrc.ildp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 07:47:36 UTC 2009

2009/10/19 Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org>

> On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 19:19:03 +0200
> Marco Cecchetti <mrc.ildp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Building python-clutter I run into this error:
>

> python-clutter or python-cluster?  We don't have python-clutter
> in our repo, but maybe it's something you're working on outside
> of SBo for the time being.  It doesn't really matter in the
> context of the problem report, but I'm just curious... :-)

To satisfy your curiosity ;-) I'm working on clutter, python-clutter and
others
as deps for "Entertainer", a media center for Xfce and GNOME.

I have had an half working package so far (there are still some
errors with the content-manager).
**

> > make[4]: execvp: /usr/share/pygobject/xsl/fixxref.py: Permission
> > denied
> >

> > Is "fixxref.py" file expected to be executable?
> > I think it should be. Changing the permission works.
>

> Well, I wouldn't expect something in /usr/share to need executable
> bit set, but apparently python-clu(s|t)ter does.  That file is not
> executable in pygobject-2.18.x either, so I suspect one of these
> two situations is accurate:
>
>  1. It's a bug in pygobject that other upstream projects have
>     worked around by calling the python script differently.
>
>  2. It's a bug in python-clu(s|t)ter with expecting something that
>     can't reasonably be expected.

Building the other deps I found errors about the compatibility
of the releases among clutter libs, so in some way, I need to fix that,
(if the issue is only related to pkg-config, as sometimes happens)
or to build an older version of some libs including "python-clutter".

In that second case I would expect the same behavior about
"pygobject" or not (I haven't verified so far and I can't at moment).
**

> Finding out which one is likely to be fun, and quite frankly, I'd
> start with the python-clu(s|t)ter devs to see what they think.
>
> -RW

I will try to verify.

Thanks,

--