[Slackbuilds-users] virtualbox-ose (3.0.4) on x86_64

Eric Hameleers (SBo) alien at slackbuilds.org
Thu Sep 3 18:56:02 UTC 2009

Murat D. Kadirov schreef:
> On Thursday 03 September 2009 03:57:36 Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
>> If I understood Eric's multilib setup correctly, running this prior to
>> building virtualbox will result in virtualbox trying to build a 32bit
>> binary on a 64bit system, which is not what we (I) want. VirtualBox needs
>> 32bit- compat libs available in the system to build a *64bit* package (that
>> won't run on a 32bit system).
>
> I am working on 32-bit multilibs/gcc* slackbuilds for SlackBuilds.org.

I am curious as to how you are going to achieve that. Creating a
SlackBuild script that builds a multilib gcc requires the presence of
both a multilib glibc and a multilib gcc. The process is iterative and
you'll need more than just one SlackBuild script.

You can try to cheat of course, by first installing a non-Slackware
multilib gcc/glibc but then the SlackBuild would not be accepted
because it does not work on a vanilla Slackware.

Let me know your ideas.

Cheers, Eric