[Slackbuilds-users] XBMC slackbuild

Larry Hajali larryhaja at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 18:21:08 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I've written a slackbuild for XBMC (XBox Media Center).  If people are
interested in putting together an HTPC then this may be one of the
components you may want to take a look at or at least try out.  I've
got all of the required documentation to build it and the only
requirement is "enca" (available at slackbuilds.org).  There are some
other optional build dependencies that can be used as well and are
spelled out in the README.  The README also tells about a couple of
options to pass to the script.

XBMC is a great piece of software that comes with lots of video codec
support, plugin support, and bunch of other options that make for a
great multimedia PC.  I'm sending out the buildscript as it might be
useful to some people (either to test XBMC out or use in an HTPC).  I
would submit it myself but I don't believe I have the proper setup to
diagnose and troubleshoot potential issues with XBMC.  If you'd like
to submit it yourself or make changes then go for it.  The
xbmc.SlackBuild could use some cleanup but is otherwise good enough to
build XBMC.

Thanks,
Larry

BTW...if you receive an error upon launching XBMC saying something
like "XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL Rendering." then check
out this forum post.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=3673890#post3673890