[Slackbuilds-users] mysql-workbench

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 01:47:43 UTC 2009

2009/9/22 Antonio Hernández Blas <hba.nihilismus at gmail.com>:
>> has anyone, or could someone made a build script for mysql-workbench?
>>

> I did one, you can find it here:
> http://hba.ath.cx/projects/slackbuilds/testing/mysql-workbench-oss-5.1.18/
>
> But as Niels Horn has mentioned, "it has too many dependencies... "
> from gnome, so i installed first gnome from http://gnomeslackbuild.org
> in slackware-13.0, then lua from SBo's repository and finally i
> builded mysql-workbench using my SlackBuild. But seriously... gnome
> still sucks for me. I'm gonna reinstall slackware and then try to get
> mysql-workbench but without all the gnome thing.
>
> -hba

I am an old-fashioned command-line guy, so I do everything in mySql
from a terminal window. But if you want a non-intrusive, more gui-like
interface, without installing any dependencies, take a look at
phpmyadmin, a web-based interface to mySql.
It works very well and there is a SlackBuild on SlackBuilds.org

Niels