[Slackbuilds-users] new pdksh package and slackbuild

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 00:46:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 3:44 PM, LEVAI Daniel <leva at ecentrum.hu> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 09:54:34AM -0500, Robby Workman wrote:
> [...]
>> > had been fixed. My question is that is there a demand for this
>> > improved pdksh among the existing pdksh users, and is it acceptable
>> > that I discontinue the current pdksh slackbuild (based on the
>> > original pdksh), and start to work on the OBSD's version of pdksh?
>>
>> I'd suggest to replace our current pdksh with the OpenBSD version.
>
> What do you suggest to use for version numbering/naming? Is there a
> working versioning mechanism for other cvs based slackbuilds?
>

> Daniel

Daniel,

I have had some SlackBuilds in the past based on CVS or SVN snapshots
and always used "cvs_yyyymmdd" or "svn_yyyymmdd" as the version
number, so that it's clear from when the snapshot is.
To guarantee that your SlackBuild works with the snapshot, you will
have to have it hosted somewhere, since the cvs/svn repository might
change daily.
I hosted it on my own server as a tarball.

Hope I made my thoughts clear to you after a long day of work :)

Niels