[Slackbuilds-users] Slackware release?

Eric Hameleers eha at alienbase.nl
Thu Apr 8 08:00:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, Morten Juhl-Johansen [ISO-8859-1] Zölde-Fejér wrote:

> Today, I was talking to the people behind Gajim.
> They say that their upcoming release requires a newer version of GTK2
> than Slackware provides. And I got to thinking - I have seen quite a
> lot of activity on the changelog; is there a feeling of a new release
> in the works?
>
> Yours,
> Morten

Newer than Slackware-current provides (gtk+-2.18.7)?

There is always activity in the Slackware ChangeLog. Until messages start
appearing like "this is Release Candidate 1" the entries in the ChangeLog
are no indicator for an upcoming new release.

Cheers, Eric

--
Eric Hameleers
Email: alien at slackware.com
Jabber: alien at jabber.xs4all.nl
Gpg fingerprint: F2CE 1B92 EE1F 2C0C E97E  581E 5E56 AAAF A75C BDA0

The two basic principles of Windows system administration:
* For minor problems, reboot
* For major problems, reinstall