[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild side-effects?

Vincent Batts vbatts at hashbangbash.com
Sun Apr 11 04:52:49 UTC 2010

I remember this having been an issue quite some time ago, but i have
not seen it in a while nor heard it reported.
To test, i just did a fresh installation of slackware-13.0, and only
compiled && installed the dependencies of gnucash and gnucash itself
as it currently is on SBo. then as a limited user, i launch gnucash
for the first time and do not get any such errors.
BUT when i
 * copied off those packages
 * then rolled that virtual machine installation back to a time prior
to compiling everything (the clean 13.0 installation)
 * installed the packages (without compiling everything)
sure enough, gnucash can't find /usr/share/guile/1.8/slibcat
the issue is in the slib package and its installation.

SO, i have just rebuilt that package and submitted it.
No need to upgrade to this new 2_SBo build of slib, unless you need a
relocatable package.

Thanks for the report Ed.

Take care,
vb