[Slackbuilds-users] Urban Terror

Matthew Fillpot mfilpot at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 02:01:32 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 4:20 PM, King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some comments:
> 1. The direct link is http://www.urbanterror.info/ as the one on SBo
> (http://www.urbanterror.net) does not always redirect.
>
> 2. Rather than edit $HOME/.q3a/q3ut4/q3config.cfg, which will be
> overwritten during update or possible reconfiguration of via the
> UrbanTerror console, add
>
> seta cl_cURLLib "libcurl.so"
>
> to $HOME/.q3a/q3ut4/autoexec.cfg.
>
> 3. We should add 'libcurl.so" and not libcurl.so.4.  That way if/when
> libcurl is updated, we still point correctly.
>
> 4.  Also, I am on Slackware64 13.1 (clean install, multilib,
> urbanterror.Slackbuild set for x86_64) and I needed to correct
> 'libcurl.so' since the installation was looking for 'libcurl.so.3' in
> q3config.cfg.  I had no previous installation of UrbanTerror.
>
> -Ed
>
> --
> You! What PLANET is this!
>     -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0

Thank you for the input.

1. The link has always working in my tests, if you found a clean
download location I would be happy to change the link after sufficient
testing.

2,3,4. During my conversion for 13.0 I tried 'seta cl_cURLLib
"libcurl.so"', however it did not properly follow the links and
if it now works.

--
-Thank You,
-Matthew Fillpot