[Slackbuilds-users] WINE / dib-engine patch

emmel the_emmel at gmx.net
Thu Aug 26 23:08:48 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 11:36:32PM +0100, David Woodfall wrote:
> On (10:09 22/08/10), emmel <the_emmel at gmx.net> put forth the proposition:
> >What are the opinions on including the DIB engine patch in the build? It
> >has to be enabled manually anyway (environment variable WINEDIB=on), so
> >there shouldn't be any trouble, but it does fix some pointer issues with
> >a couple of programs.
> >
> >It's a multi part patch, but actually the
> >following sniplet seems to work nicely when placed directly before the
> >'chown -R root:root' (the autoconf is necessary):
> >
> >mkdir dib
> >cd dib
> >unzip $CWD/dibeng-max.zip
> >cd ..
> >for i in `grep dib dib/series`; do
> >       patch -p1 < dib/$i
> >done
> >autoconf
>
> I have updated and submitted the build script. Note though that the
> dib zip file is too big to go in the build archive itself so I've
> implemented a wget in the slackbuild to grab it and build.

That could mean trouble. IIRC SlackBuilds aren't supposed to do anything
like that, which is why patched are included in the build package in the
first place. Is something along the line of 130KB really too much to
include it?

> If you could keep me updated when new dib engine patches come out I'd
> be grateful.

You can be sure that there's a new one for each wine release. At least
that's how they have handled it until now. There even usually are some
for intermediate git versions.
--
emmel <the_emmel at gmx.net>
GPG signed