[Slackbuilds-users] Google Talk SlackBuild

alkos333 me at alkos333.net
Sun Aug 29 20:54:35 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Erik Hanson <erik at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
>> I noticed that there is a google-talk SlackBuild in pending.  Could
>> the author (or one of the admins) please e-mail me the tarball as I
>> need to get it up and running for tomorrow and this way I wouldn't
>> have to re-invent the wheel.
>

> http://slackbuilds.org/temp/google-talkplugin.tar

I have a multilib set-up, yet after installing the plug-in, I get the
following when I run either firefox or chrome and go to Gmail:

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-open.c: 611: _dl_open: Assertion
`_dl_debug_initialize (0, args.nsid)->r_state == RT_CONSISTENT'
failed!

A little bit of google search indicates that this might be related to
a missing libpulse library.  It doesn't appear to be in 13.1 repo and
isn't part of stock Slackware.

--
Alex Lysenka
Bachelor of Science