[Slackbuilds-users] Web stats?

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 15:46:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Antoine NONYME
<mickeytintincolle at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Le Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:13:34 -0200,
> Niels Horn <niels.horn at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> In the end - statistics or voting or whatever - the resulting numbers
>> cannot be accurate and might even be counter-productive.
>> I don't remember seeing any other distro having a similar counting or
>> voting system - at least the ones I visit regulary.
> Debian with it's popularity-contest package ?

OK, but you actually have to install a package that "calls home"
passing your information.
Sounds almost like Windows software to me ;)
(yes, I know it sends the data without passing private information...)

So it's also not statistically reliable: only users who installed that
package count...

--
Niels